Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Glory of Autumn - Beginning

I have now started working on the Glory of Autumn project this weekend as well. Everything is bigger this time - the hoop, the fabric, the stitches, and the count, but so far I would have to say that it has also been easier going from 18 count to 14 count cloth. I'll have an update picture soon, but here is a pic of all the material prepared and ready for stitching.
One thing I found with the Shell Wreath project was to use painters tape to tape up the edges to prevent it from fraying while stitching. I was worried about the glue on the cloth; however, when I cleaned the project on completion I made sure to go over the edges well with my hands and it is not sticky at all anymore so I decided to do it again for this project and see how well it works for a bigger project.

August 15, 2009

Shell Wreath - Completed

I have now completed the Shell Wreath welcome project last weekend. It was about 6 monthes in all for me to get it done, but I made it. This also means that it will have been 6 monthes since I had my last cig next weekend.

This project measures 7" x 5" on 18 count Aida cloth (approx. 10,000 stitches plus backstitching, of which there is a lot. I had plenty of threads of every colour so I wasn't ever worried about running out of it while working on the project. I think back to the first time I saw the pattern for this one and thought that I was in over my head, but I am very glad to prove myself wrong.

I really enjoyed doing this project and looking forward to my next one, Glory of Autumn, which I also started this weekend, but that will be another post.

Anyway, here is a pic of the completed project.

Shell Wreath Completed - August 14, 2009