Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Glory of Autumn - Beginning


I have now started working on the Glory of Autumn project this weekend as well. Everything is bigger this time - the hoop, the fabric, the stitches, and the count, but so far I would have to say that it has also been easier going from 18 count to 14 count cloth. I'll have an update picture soon, but here is a pic of all the material prepared and ready for stitching.
One thing I found with the Shell Wreath project was to use painters tape to tape up the edges to prevent it from fraying while stitching. I was worried about the glue on the cloth; however, when I cleaned the project on completion I made sure to go over the edges well with my hands and it is not sticky at all anymore so I decided to do it again for this project and see how well it works for a bigger project.

August 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment