Monday, June 29, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Shell Wreath - June 19/09
I have prepared a few things for the next project though, such as sorting the floss. I have also been working on ways to make the next project easier. I've read alot online about not marking the orginal pattern pages which I did on the Wreath. I now know why they tell you to photocopy the orginal pattern as it is quite tattered already and this is only a (relatively) small project. It is getting hard to read in some spots (like where the creases are which have begun to rip). This past week I finally decided to setup my new printer (which has been sitting there for monthes) as it would have colour printing and to my surprise (mainly because I forgot about it), it also is a scanner which worked perfect for making copies of the pattern. So I did figure out how to scan it, enlarge the pattern, and print it in colour (the orginal comes in colour). I also found that when I stitch I like to sit back and have the pattern leaning against my leg (which I have up) and the sheet constantly falls down (and now can't be read) so I am going to try and take the copies and paste them onto cardboard so they will be more stiff and (hopefully) stand up more against the leg and make it easier to write. I'll let you know how well this works.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I have done some small cross stitches in the past but recently I picked up a kit that is 5" x 7" on an 18 count Aida cloth and have been working on it for the past few monthes. It is the shell wreath kit from Dimensions. This has been my largest project by far to date and I've been really enjoying it. I have completed the inside of the design and all the shells in the wreath. Now I am working on the remainder of the wreath (flowers, ribbons, etc.) and then I just need to complete the backstitching and this project will be complete. I am hoping to get it finished soon as I find I have slown down on the project with the weather warming up since late May and heading outside more as summer has arrived. I have set deadlines in the past to help me stay focused on it; however, I think I was being too aggressive with them as I wasn't sure how much work was involved in it but I do hope to have it done soon.
Recently I picked out my next project which is also from Dimensions (they have a lot of designs that have caught my eye) which is the Glory of Autumn kit and is 14" x 11" on a 14 count Aida cloth. I think this one will take a long time to complete and will be a real challenge for me to complete as I estimate that it will take me close to a year to finish (based on the time it has taken me to do the shell wreath) and will require perserverance and determination but I believe I can do it. I am trying really hard not to begin this one until I finish the wreath project. Here is a picture of what it will look like when I am done.
Glory of Autumn - Sample Photo
Well, that's enough blogging for now, I hope to update this page every few weeks with what I have accomplished and progress pictures for you to enjoy. Please feel free to comment and give me feedback if you see this blog. Thanks!